Repair Service • Automotive repair
Sometimes, your vehicle's brakes will alert you when there's trouble. Whistling noises, chirping sounds, and grinding are indications that maintenance is required. Vehicles often come equipped with a small thin piece of metal attached to the brake pad to act as a warning indicator when the pad material is getting low and the brake pads should be replaced. This device makes a chirping noise on brake application, letting you know it is time to have your brakes serviced.
Here are some common causes of brake pedal pulsation and/or noise:
- Worn brake pads
- Heat-cracked or worn rotors
- Loose-fitting brake pads in the caliper
- Missing or damaged noise insulators
- Uneven torque of lug nuts or caliper hardware.
The engine plays a pivotal role in the working of a car. The way an engine works and functions depends upon the driving conditions. Proper engine service & repair helps the engine recover from the strain of handling bad roads. It might also be that your engine is being put to the grind because of the miles that you drive every single day.
The condition of the engine also has a lot to do with how you use your car.
Certain engines with overhead camshafts have timing belts that have a limited life span. Car makers use these belts instead of more durable chains because chains are noisier and cost more to manufacture.
Your vehicle owner's manual will recommend at what mileage the timing belt must be replaced. These intervals range from every 60,000 miles to every 105,000 miles.
Electrical problems can be frustrating and inconvenient. Anything from a dead battery, to windows not working or a short in a circuit, Speed Garage technicians are trained and equipped to handle the job properly and efficiently.
As with all our service, repair starts with a proper diagnosis of the problem. We have the proper equipment and diagnostic material to handle all you electrical problems.
Here are a few of the electrical problems which we can solve:
- ECU Repair Batteries, charging systems, alternators, starters
- Lighting systems, turn signals and brake lights, etc
- Windshield wipers
- Power window and door locks
- Power seats
- Some cruise control systems
- Warning lights, Air suspension,
- Traction control, ABS, Air bag, SIR Short in wiring
- And any other electrical problem you may have
Speed Garage Kilkenny offers quality suspension repair, service and installation for your car. Our technicians are top notch and will always make sure you are back on the road safely as soon as possible.
Suspension System services include:
- Air Ride Systems
- Ball Joints
- Coil Springs
- Control Amps
- Driving Axles
- Front End Services – 4 Wheel Alignment, Wheels Aligned & Balanced, Shocks, Struts & CV Joints
- Diagnostics of your Suspension System
- King Pins
- Leaf Springs
- Lifting and Lowering
- Performance Shocks and Struts
- Steering Racks
- Suspension – Custom made suspension systems repaired or installed
We can fit a new exhaust section or we can weld an exhaust system in our car repair garage if a replacement isn’t needed. We can weld any section of your exhaust . Welding is an affordable way to repair your exhaust without having to purchase a new one.
We can weld your exhaust as long as the rust has not totally decayed the metal in your exhaust system.
CLUTCH AND GEARBOX
With top quality parts and service you can a lot of years and miles out of your car, SUV or 4×4 clutch. Our technicians have many years of training and experience, in addition to the right tools to service your clutch correctly the first time, every time.
- Does your clutch slip?
- Does your engine race without your car speeding up?
- Is your clutch pedal too stiff?
- s your clutch pedal too soft?
- Do your gears grind when you shift?
- Is your clutch making an annoying noise that changes when you press the clutch pedal down?
- Do you just feel that your clutch is worn out?
© Copyright Speed Garage